Meet the newest member of our family here!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

On having a supportive family

I really love my family. My extended family is so supportive and I just love it. My cousin Patti just had a baby and the new baby is being blessed in Idaho Falls the first weekend in August. I probably would have gone up anyway, but was excited that it coincided with a trip to Jackson Hole I was planning for that same weekend. As I've started talking about it with the rest of my family, I realized that everyone is going. My aunt and uncle (Patti's parents) are going for sure, so is Patti's brother and sister-in-law with their three kids, and my mom and my brother. Except me, everyone lives in Utah county. We're all driving up to Idaho for the blessing. A group of us drove up and back on the same day two years ago for the blessing of their first child. (I love you Ryan!)

My family is so supportive. The best part about it is that it isn't a big deal; it's just what we do. There wasn't any big debate about whether we should or shouldn't go or if that was too far. Of course we'll go!

Although I haven't experienced it personally, I have noticed the same thing happen with weddings. Aunt Christine and Uncle Lou come up for all the weddings that happen in Utah. My mom and aunts and uncles here go to the weddings that happened in California. I love it! In the last few years I've realized what a blessing it is to have such a supportive family that I can count on. I love you guys!

No comments: