Ok, not really. I know many of my loyal blog readers are already updated on the situation, but I figured it will be good for me to put this all out into the universe. After getting engaged and beginning to plan the wedding and starting into my classes for real and seeing the stress Blake was under with his projects and the enormous task of selling his place, updating his portfolio, finding a new job, and moving in less than 3 months, I realized that something had to give. This situation was much bigger than me. As I looked at it realistically I saw that we were really expecting too much of ourselves. After a lot of tears and very serious discussion we decided that I should become a graduate school drop-out.
The truth is that I'm not really dropping out. My program in California is allowing me to take a leave of absence. I can take a few classes from the MFT program at BYU starting in January that will transfer when I go back. This gives us a much more realistic time frame to work with. So, for now, I'm back in Utah, living with my mom, flat broke, and looking for a job. Maybe this should be it's own post, but looking for a job is so depressing. Blah!
I don't want to sound too negative about it. I really am happy to be back here and feel that it was the best thing to do for our relationship. I can also aleviate a lot of stress I would have been putting on others by doing the planning for the wedding myself. It's good. I guess I only really have two complaints. 1) The job hunt. 2) The winter. It's already too cold for me. It makes me want to cry. I hate the cold. It's a good thing I've got a Blake around to put my cold feet on. ;)
3 comments:
For what it's worth, I'm happy you are in Utah again, if for only a little while.
I think you made a good decision. Being engaged comes with its own set of stresses...let alone being separated from the one you are engaged to, all the while trying to start at a new school! Everything will work out for the best. Just don't make your bridesmaids dye their shoes...you know I don't think snow and dyeable shoes go together!!
I'm glad things are working out!
I'm also glad you got to see Burn Notice!
Good luck wedding/life planning!
Post a Comment