Meet the newest member of our family here!

Friday, April 24, 2009

On spooning with a moose

By popular request, I would like to share my thoughts on spooning with a moose. I thought this topic might grab some interest, but it really is the least substantial of all my possible posts. (I will also respond to the other requests.)

I have this moose that hangs out on our bed, up by the big decorative pillows. I've had him for a while; he usually sits on my desk or bookshelf. My moose has recently been invited to the bed because I was getting jealous of Blake's stuffed tiger Hobbs. Hobbs came home from Disneyland with Blake years ago, and, unlike my moose, his fur is matted down with love. Hobbs is quite the little trickster, and he and Blake like to play jokes on me or get into fights over who gets to cuddle with me. I needed the moose on my team.Well, the other morning when I woke up, Blake and I were both sleeping on our right sides. The moose was right in between us, also sleeping on his right side. It was the most awesome three-way spoon ever! There was a pretty amazing six person spoon happening at the ward activity where I met Blake, but he wasn't involved, and that's a story for another post. So, there you have it: spooning with a moose.

On a related and more substantive note, Ben's former fiance Liz had a stuffed bear that she liked to sleep with. Apparently she is quite attached to it and not keen on the idea of giving it up after marriage. I heard it through the grapevine that her family felt this was unacceptable and that efforts should be taken to break her of this habit. I was left wondering what the big deal was. If it's important to her and Ben doesn't care, then why make an issue of it? But then again, that's just me. And I cuddle with tigers and willingly get spooned by a moose.

1 comment:

Seth and Mariah said...

love it! I have a request for the story/thoughts on Couple Communication training. And also I am curious more about what that is...I could probably use some of that.