Meet the newest member of our family here!

Friday, June 26, 2009

On rodeos

I LOVE rodeos! It's my gas station hot-dog--one thing about me that's true but somewhat inconsistent with the rest of my personality. I'm not really an animal fan. I definitely do not like horses. I hate riding horses. I don't hang with the normal cowboy, western sort of crowd. I would choose to live in a big city over living in the country. And yet, I love rodeos.

Rodeos are summertime. A warm night, a sunset, nothing else to do. Crowded into uncomfortable bleachers, announcer making bad jokes, the skill of the cowboys, the unpredictability of the animals. I just love it. And don't even get me started on mutton bustin!

This pic is from the Days of 47 Rodeo in Salt Lake last summer. You can't see it, but I'm wearing my Texas belt buckle. I've also got on my Wrangler shirt with pearly buttons (from the boys section at DI, of course).
I'm thinking about rodeos today because Ben and Blake are at the Lehi Round-up Rodeo tonight. They're there right now. I miss them both and am jealous they got to see each other AND go to a rodeo. Have fun guys!

2 comments:

LyndiLou said...

I've never been to a rodeo... but Jillian loves them too! I'm sure I'm totally mis-informed about them and I find myself only thinking of mean old poke the bull kinda activites happening at them. I'm glad to know more about you! I've been thinking of you and hoping that you're well! :) Could you send me your address out there someday?!?

Dave and Loralee said...

that's a really cute picture of you! how are the intensive courses going?