Meet the newest member of our family here!

Thursday, June 10, 2010

On happiness

Despite the busyness of my life, I am really happy.  I turned in my last paper for the quarter today.  Twice I caught myself walking on campus with a ridiculous grin.  I must be happy.

I have some pretty wonderful friends in my program.  They make hours of classes (sometimes 9-10 in a row), group projects, and late night paper writing bearable.  We don't get together to write papers or anything, but we are pretty active on facebook late into the night before a big project is due.

I LOVE my work.  I like stories.  I like people.  I like helping.  They all combine in an amazing way in therapy.  I can't believe I get paid (if only just a little) to do what I do.  I am humbled by the trust my clients place in me and amazed at the inimate details I know about the lives of people who were strangers a few hours or minutes before.

I have a wonderful husband. 

I'm happy.

2 comments:

Seth and Mariah said...

Glad to hear you are doing well despite being so busy. I am sure you are a wonderful counselor and that makes me happy you are able to do something you love. I miss talking with you! Maybe I need to make a California run and come visit you. :)

LyndiLou said...

I'm sooo glad to read this. :) Whenever I think of you... I think of you happy, so I'm glad that is accurate! :)