Meet the newest member of our family here!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

On killer salads

I'll take a small break from vacation writing to tell you about the killer salads Blake and I made this week.  With the ridiculous summer heat *(see note at bottom) we were looking for cool, fresh dinner options.  "Killer salad fixins" was on our shopping list.  This is what the killer salads consisted of:

a combination of spinach and green leaf lettuce, but mostly spinach
tomatoes
avocado
cheddar cheese
gala apples
craisins
honey roasted sunflower kernels
champagne pear gorgonzola dressing from Trader Joes

The whole time we were eating them we kept saying how awesome they were and how we were so impressed with ourselves for matching the flavors so well.  It seemed like we needed to share with someone, and that someone is you.  We're having killer salads again tonight.  I can't wait!

*Last week it finally go REALLY hot here.  The kind of hot that got us to turn on our A/C and had us seriously thinking about moving.  I walked outside a building at school today just after 1pm and thought to myself on the way to the car, "Wow, it's noticeably cooler out here.  How nice to have a break from the heat."  I checked the temperature when I got to the car--97.  THAT was noticeably cooler.

1 comment:

Seth and Mariah said...

Sounds delicious! I love and miss Trader Joes terribly. It was such a fun store. They had some amazing rice that I used to buy there but when I went back for it while visiting, I couldn't find it again. Sad day.