This post is not about a baby version of the character Radar from MASH.
It's about how I have developed what I'm calling Baby Radar. I notice babies everywhere now. Most of the time, okay, all of the time, I think they are completely adorable. Blake just laughs at me when I point them out everywhere we go: the mall, church, a restaurant, the grocery store, anywhere.
I watched a National Geographic special a few weeks ago about buffalos. It was pretty good, except . . . I didn't like the part where the baby buffalo got stuck on the river bank and was having a hard time getting up to its mom. I really didn't like the part where the other baby buffalo got eaten by wolves. My Baby Radar is active even with baby buffalos.
I am getting increasingly excited about our baby's upcoming birth. We've only got about 10 weeks to go, give or take a few. I'm gathering supplies for the birth and doing some cleaning while I'm on break from school to get ready for Baby. My plan is to be a really good, overachieving student next quarter and get all my assignments done early so that I can be stress-free (at least as far as school is concerned) when Baby arrives. To allow myself time for that later, I'm getting ready for the birth now. So exciting!
Baby Radar just might have something to do with all that. What do you think? I can't be the only one to have developed this wonderful new ability.
1 comment:
That's funny... I think Baby Chomp has baby radar! She's always the one pointing them out! :)
Post a Comment