Generally I think I'm of average height; I don't really consider myself a "tall" person. But then when I stop and look around me, I see that at almost 5'9 I am taller than average or at least on the tall side of average.
This is not so fun when buying pants. Regular length are usually a tad bit short, and tall length are WAY too long. I'm actually pretty self-conscious about always having pants that are too short for me. My height was not so fun when I was dating. There are a lot of guys out there who like dating smaller women because it makes them feel bigger. It's not all their fault though, I mean, there are plenty of women, myself included, who aren't too keen on the idea of feeling HUGE next to their boyfriend or date. However, having many friends who are taller than I am, I know I am in no position to be complaining about being tall.
So I'm not. This post is about some advantages of being kind of tall that I have been enjoying recently. Being tall and pregnant is awesome! Since we first announced we were expecting (at about 4 months) to when I really started showing (around 6 months) to now I frequently hear "Wow! You look great!" when people find out how far along I am. I'm not used to people telling me I look great. It feels awesome. I also get "You're so small!" which is another thing I'm not used to hearing. Being on the back row of every class picture, I'm not sure I've ever been told I was small. I don't buy size small anything for myself, even at my thinnest.
I haven't had any back pain, no stretch marks (yet), my feet aren't swollen, my wedding ring still fits great, and I have a lap! I can still drive, and with about six inches between me and the wheel, I expect to be able to drive right up until Baby's birth day. (This is a big deal. With my current schedule, I don't know what I would do if I couldn't drive.) I'm sure that these things are a combination of there being a lot of room in my torso for the baby to live in and the healthy choices I've been making during pregnancy, but either way, it's awesome!
I know not every pregnancy is this easy. I feel so lucky to have had such a comfortable and easy pregnancy up to this point. I've had great support from Blake and a wonderful midwife and a fantastic childbirth class that have all helped me have a great pregnancy. Being kind of tall is not so bad.
3 comments:
Just wanted to say hi and hope your shower was so fun. I wish we could have made it, but we were actually on a plane heading back to Vegas. Glad to hear you've had a relatively easy pregnancy. That is wonderful. I am glad you are enjoying being tall!
Finding pants that fit is quite the adventure. :P
You do look great. You've always been just lovely, but Motherhood suits you perfectly. :)
Love you lots.
Congratulations on your baby Becca, it sounds like you're pretty far along. I hope things are going well.
Post a Comment