For most of you this is old news, but I'd like to announce the birth of Bonnie Jean. She was born last Tuesday, on Grandpa Hook's birthday. It's pretty awesome that they share a birthday. I think he would have loved her; I do.
Getting her here was different than I expected but still good. The labor took about 30 hours. It wasn't terrible, just different, everything was a little longer and more intense than I thought. She was born at home and has been the healthiest, strongest baby I could imagine. She weighed 10 pounds at birth and is 22.5 inches long.
The baby is named for two of her great grandmothers. Bonnie was Blake's grandma and Jean mine. We were both close to our grandmas growing up. Blake gave me a blessing as the labor was going and another shortly after the birth. Both mentioned that there were angels there from our family to protect and watch over and strengthen us. After what we went through to get her here, it only seemed appropriate and fitting that she should have her grandmas' names.
She has wonderful hair; when she nurses, her hair kind of comes over her shoulder. It looks like a baby mullet. I love it. Her little pinky fingers are crooked a little at the last joint, just like mine and Grandma Jean's. When she was born she had little blisters on both her wrists from sucking on them inutero. Just in the last three days or so she's started becoming more expressive with her face, making little half smiles. We're in love!
4 comments:
She is adorable!!! Congrats Becca.
Being a Mom is hard work... but you have the perfect resume'! ;) I'm so happy for you guys. Congratulations a million and a half time from me.
Welcome beautiful Baby Bonnie! SO many people are glad that you're here.
I am so glad that things went so well for you. She looks just like you. She is so pretty and I am so excited to meet her. I plan on giving her lots and lots of kisses. I bet Mari will want to too!!!
10 pounds! I can hardly believe it! She is so cute! Enjoy her while she's tiny. They grow up too quickly.
Post a Comment