Meet the newest member of our family here!

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Bread 3: Whole wheat honey oatmeal


I love this bread! It was the first bread we made in our new loaf pan. Bons helped me pick it out at Williams Sonoma. This bread was tasty, fluffy, and easily the best sandwich loaf I've ever made. I haven't had great success with yeasty-sandwich loaves in the past; they're often denser than I like. This one is perfect.

The loaf was super easy to make, using ingredients I always have on hand. The recipe is for a KitchenAid mixer, which made mixing it up easy peasy. Seriously, throw the ingredients in the mixer, stand there and watch it flop around the bowl, then wait for it to rise. Why don't I do this more?

One of the best things about this little project is how much Bons is getting into it. She loves measuring the ingredients and checking the rise and punching it down. She requests different kinds of bread and wants to eat the yummy bread all the time.

No comments: