What is that?!?
I was getting ready this morning with my face really close to the mirror when I noticed something right along my hairline . . . a gray hair. I was looking up near my hairline because I was removing small pieces of sunburned skin from my forehead, but that's a topic for another post.
My hair has been dyed a few different colors in the last year or so, so I had to check closely to make sure that the hair was really gray and not just a stray from a previous dying. It's gray.
I wish I could say this was the first time I have found a gray hair. I remember being about fourteen and my cousin, who was in beauty school at the time, was cutting my hair and found one around the back. I don't doubt that other hair stylists have noticed that hair or others back there, but they are too nice to say anything. Only your cousin will pull it out and make fun of you for it.
I guess it's somehow appropriate that halfway through my twenties I found the gray hair. I'm now closer to 30 than 20. Boo hoo hoo. The bell has tolled. I've found the gray hair. It's the beginning of the end.
1 comment:
Hey you found it late! I started plucking 'em at 19! And I know that technically that's bad, but like you and flaky skin I can't help myself! I see a gray hair and OUT IT MUST COME!
Post a Comment