Party planning is a double-edged sword. The party planner makes the fun stuff happen but then doesn't really get to enjoy it like everyone else.
The amazing Shannon planned (almost single-handedly) a ward Bear Lake trip last weekend. It was so fun for everyone else, but for Shannon it was a work trip. She spent hours before hand planning and shopping and such. When everyone else was out on the lake, Shannon was in the kitchen slicing huge slabs of meat. While everyone was playing volleyball or eating breakfast, Shannon was cooking or cleaning or transporting gear.
I'm planning a company zoo party and BBQ for this Friday. I thought about what kids I know who might want to come with me to the zoo. I only had to think through it for about five minutes before I realized that this would never work. I'm planning the party and therefore cannot fully participate. I'll get there late, leave early, transport drinks, clean up, etc. I can't bring a guest! I'm planning the party!
1 comment:
I found your blog on Facebook...I love it!
I have to say I can totally relate to the Party Planning woes.
Glad to be able to keep up with what's going on in your life!
Loe ya, Geds with Peds.
Post a Comment