I finished classes last Tuesday, spent the day at the beach on Wednesday, and came back to Utah on Thursday. That "coming back" date was flexible, so I didn't make a big announcement about it. We decided on Wednesday afternoon that I would be coming back for sure on Thursday.
I packed up my stuff, cleaned the bathroom, and headed out. I realized as I was leaving the house that I hadn't told anyone there exactly when I was leaving, and no one was home to tell. So I left a note and drove away. As I drove down the street, I realized that I had just pulled a Grandpa Hook.
Apparently he didn't like saying goodbyes. When he came to visit he would get up early and leave before anyone else got up. It was an endearing and funny little quirk of his. Maybe it's genetic. I pulled a Grandpa Hook without even realizing I was doing it. I did leave a note though, and that's Becca original.
2 comments:
I'm with grandpa - no farewells!
I'm just catching up on the blog this week. You're so delightful, Becca.
I don't want this to seem disrespectful to your wonderful grandpa, but I can't help but think of arrested development: "...and that's why you should always leave a note!"
hugs and kisses!
Post a Comment