I'm making a quick trip to Utah this week. There's a 4 day training on Emotionally Focused Therapy for couples that I'll be attending. This is awesome to me for a couple of reasons. First, I'm working with EFT for my big final case project coming up. So, extra training can only help me do better on that. Second, I've been reading things lately about how couples therapy is the hardest type of therapy and that most therapists get very little if any training in how to work with couples. Historically therapist training has focused on individuals or parent-child interactions. I actually like working with couples. So, getting extra training in EFT, which is especially designed for couples, is extra awesome in getting me expertise that not everyone has. Third, we don't know where we're going to live after I graduate next year, and making a few networking connections in Salt Lake by attending the conference there can't hurt.
Any extra time I have while I'm in town will be spent with my mommy. She's recovering from surgery. In fact, when I get in, we're going right from the airport to the hospital to get her staples taken out. My mom's surgery was the added motivation I needed to get myself to this conference and a big part of why I chose the Salt Lake location instead of San Diego (also, the San Diego one was more expensive).
The long and short of it is, I'm going to be in Utah for a few days but probably won't see any of my people there. Sorry. My trip has two very specific and time intensive purposes. Hopefully I can catch you all when we're in town for the holidays.
2 comments:
I hope the conference goes well for you, and enjoy the trip!
I will think of you and I hope you think of me. ;)
I hope your Mommy is ok. Does she need anything? Did everything go well?
Have a great time at the Conference! It neat to hear what you're learning about and what you like doing! :)
Love you lots!
Post a Comment