I went looking through the children's songbook today to find a mother song that we could change the words to--my little baby wanted to sing a song for her grandma. The selection is not stellar. Turns out that clover song I was ranting about the other day is the best one. Maybe that's why it gets sung so often.
In related news, the traditional primary Mother's Day musical number in church today was especially awesome. We were sitting in the second-to-last row. It was basically a piano solo with kids standing on the stage. Maybe if you were in the front row there was singing to be heard, but we sure didn't hear it. The pianist did a nice job playing the clover song though.
(I'm sorry to anyone who loves the mother songs. I don't mean to offend. I'm sure that when my kid sings them I'll get all teary-eyed and think they're great; I've got a tender heart. But, when they're deconstructed, I'm not a fan. I know, I know, the problem started with deconstructing primary songs. I'm a weirdy, what can I say?)
No comments:
Post a Comment