Meet the newest member of our family here!

Monday, October 27, 2014

On Sisters

Baby girl #2 is here. She's not quite 3 weeks old yet. Juggling two kids is challenging. I don't have a ton of time to write or edit thoughtful posts, though I still think many thoughts.

Today I'm thinking about sisters. I'm so glad that my daughters will have a sister. I think I've written here before about siblings, still I will repeat that I wished I had a sister I was close with. I have a cousin who is as close to me as she could be without actually being my sister. I have a sister but we weren't raised together and are barely more than strangers now. I'm envious of my friends and family members who have close, loving, fun, supportive relationships with their sisters.

I think on some level every parent wants to give their children what they didn't have, to make up for what they felt they were missing in their childhood. I am so happy my girls each have a sister.

1 comment:

Caprene said...

I always wanted one too... I was lucky my best friend had three older sisters who took me under their wings.