Meet the newest member of our family here!

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Bread 2: No Knead

My goal is to do one new bread per month. With the summer heat here, I figured it'd be safe to double-up during these cooler months. I will likely not be real excited about turning on the oven in August and September.

I've made no-knead bread before, but this was a new recipe with new techniques. It was completely delicious. The rise time was shorter, the crumb less spongey. It baked on a pizza stone instead of in our clay pot. It used a steam bath. I ended up getting rust spots on my cheap old bread pans.

This recipe made two loaves. It was so good we ate the first one before I could even take a picture of it. This recipe is repeatable, for sure. I think next time I'd like to try a blend of this recipe with our old no-knead recipe. The mix of one with the baking technique of the other until we find our perfect loaf.

1 comment:

kylejday said...

I love me some bread, and baking bread. Maybe samples over spring break are in order on this one?