When I was a full-time student I looked forward to the day when I would no longer have paper deadlines, mountains of reading, and boring lectures to attend. Life after school seemed like a wonderful dream. I know I'm not the only student to have entertained these thoughts.
Well, I have something to say about life after school: It's a myth! Life after school is not all it's cracked up to be. Full-time work is the pits. It's monotonous and confining. I can't just decide not to go one day. Repercussions for completing something late are much more serious than a poor grade which really only effects you anyway. Oh, and just opting not to do something you don't feel like doing is not a possibility. I can't just decide to take next semester off or to take a lighter load or some fun classes. I have to commit to something for more than 4 months.
So, my student friends, I say to you, enjoy it while you can. You might not ever have so much freedom again. Personally, I'm so disenchanted with the myth of life after school that I'm going back to school!
1 comment:
Merh. You're just mad because you have a JOB. I <3 life after school. I've never seen more movies, played more video games, written more useless stuff, and read so many books than ever before!!! Life after college ROX!
Tips for success:
1. Save up money.
2. Quit your job.
3. Live life to the fullest while living off your savings.
4. When they run out, grudgingly repeat.
Muah!
Post a Comment