Meet the newest member of our family here!

Monday, May 26, 2008

On following through

It's just before 11 am on Memorial Day. I am sitting in my bed, still in my pajamas (not a bad place, to be, I might add), wondering what I am going to do for the rest of the day. I thought about all the different things I had planned to do but that never materialized because my friends didn't follow through. Washington DC, New York, Moab, camping, hiking, etc. Some of these plans were necessarily changed because of the bad weather but most of them never happened because people flaked on me. I'm annoyed.

Call me crazy, but I try to do what I say I will. I know that following through on plans for a holiday weekend might not seem like the most important thing in the world, but it gets old when I feel like I can't count on anyone to come through. I hate it when people tell me what they think I want to hear. Oooo, that bugs. I would rather have someone tell me "no" or "let me think about it" than to have them tell me "Yeah, I'd love to" and not come through for me later.

I'm contemplating making my own plans for next weekend. I really want to go down to Arches but don't want the same thing to happen again where I'm left high and dry because everyone bailed. I could go down myself next weekend--and am seriously considering it--but gas prices are so high that I don't know if that's really a wise financial move. I need someone to go with me to split the cost. Stupid people!

No comments: