It seems like some adventure involving scissors and hair is a part of every normal childhood. I know I was a participant in such an incident. My cousin Jeanette cut my hair. Jeanette is the cute one; the one who looks like me (five points to you if you remember where that comes from).
Recently, I went back to a childhood hair phase and got bangs. I don't know that that is a childhood phase for everyone, but I had bangs as a kid and not at all since then. Well, something that comes with bangs is frequent haircuts. Within three to four weeks of a haircut the bangs get so long that they don't lay right and get in your eyes.
Today I decided it was time to completely recapture my childhood and to cut my own hair. I pulled back my hair, grabbed some scissors (thanks Jodie), and went to town on my bangs. I wasn't really going for "even" so I think they look okay. Mission accomplished, childhood recaptured, about 20 years too late.
Side note: I have so much hair. Every time I get my hair done the stylist comments on how thick it is, even if it's not my first time with that stylist. It makes me smile because I expect it every time. But, even I was surprised when I looked into the sink and saw how much hair was there after just a little bang trim.
1 comment:
So, I just went in to get my hair cut tonight. The first thing Mari said was "What did you do to your bangs? I know I didn't do that to you!" Awesome!
Post a Comment