Meet the newest member of our family here!

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

On coming to the rescue

Last week Blake and his roommate and I met up at Costco for a shopping extravaganza. After we had bought our weight in frozen food and loaded it into our cars, Blake's roommate discovered that his car wouldn't start. I had already left in my car and got a phone call from them explaining the situation.

Although I was already home, I drove back to the Costco to rescue them. You see, neither of them had jumper cables in their cars. I did. When I got there Blake's roommate was on the phone with his uncle who is a mechanic. The uncle was giving him some troubleshooting instructions. Unfortunately, neither of them had any wrenches. I did. Awesome!
I can't take total credit for my preparedness--the emergency kit with jumper cables was a gift from my brother and the set of wrenches a gift from my dad. But I still had them. So, next time you're stranded, call Becca to the rescue!

3 comments:

Caprene said...

I'm sure it's no surprise to you how proud of you I am after reading this post. Good work!

shelley said...

Look at you! Good job!

Dave and Loralee said...

wait, I need wrenches too?? :)
Countdown is ON! good luck getting things finalized this week!