Now that all the business of the wedding and the holidays is over, Blake and I are getting to the real business of setting up our house. I feel like I've become the queen of small appliances. We registered for most of them; I guess I didn't think about how many that would be if we got all of them. I'm pretty sure we did. I was organizing the kitchen yesterday and had to find space for the following small appliances (including some we already had): toaster, George Forman grill, crock pot, hand mixer, blender/food processor, knife sharpener, KitchenAid, ice cream maker, waffle/sandwich maker, popcorn popper, electric skillet, electric griddle, fondue pot. I used the KitchenAid for the fist time yesterday. It was glorious. I made white bread, ginger bread, and whipped cream with it. I'm already in love.
We've got the biggest portion of our bedroom set up. I painted it the week before the wedding. We shampooed the carpets last week and moved furniture in on Saturday. We could not have done that without the help of our wonderful friends Kim and Kyle. Thanks guys!

We bought sheets for Family Home Evening on Monday so we could finally sleep in our bed in our bedroom. We've still got to hang this awesome light that we bought in Mexico on our honeymoon. (There are pictures of the honeymoon on facebook for anyone who is interested.)

We're also setting up house for our fish, 'Lil Jackie Sparrow. He made his debut at our wedding reception. We bought him a treasure chest for his bowl and were SO excited when he finally discovered that he could swim through the hole in it.

His bowl gets dirty fast, and he really doesn't like getting it cleaned out. He's so stubborn. I'm really glad that 'Lil Jackie likes his treasure chest. He's been much more active since we put it in there (or maybe it was since we moved him in front of the TV speakers; they happened on the same day). I like to think that he swims around it singing "Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me!"
8 comments:
Have you had any thoughts on posting pictures from your wedding? I would love to see!
Your house looks great! Cute fish!
Becca! My sister Katie got married last summer and she too had to figure out where to put all the small appliances :) Good luck! And Congratulations on the wedding! I wish I could've been there.
Isn't it glorious to go out and buy sheets so you can sleep in your own bed? nice.
and I'm so happy for your fish. :)
YEA! Congrats and now the fun begins, you get to be married! I love it and I know you will too. Have fun and I want to leave you with the same advice you gave me when I got married, always argue naked, you'll solve your problems faster or at least have more fun yelling about them. :>)
You look like a natural little homemaker! I am so happy for you and would love to chat if you ever get a free minute!!
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE
OMG YOU GOT MARRIED!!!!! AIEEEE AIEEE AIEEE *FREAKS OUT FOR 10 MINUTES*
WOWZA CONGRATS AND HUGS AND SHOWERS AND OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!
DOUBLE SQUEEEEE
OMG YOU HAS A BLOGGGGGGGGG. **FOLLOWS**
Merh. Sorry for the all caps extravaganza freakout. I just got really excited, and that exploded when I saw you got MARRIED.
I'M SO HAPPY!!!
Looks like so much fun setting up house! Isn't it so nice to finally have YOUR own kitchen, all to yourself without roomies leaving their dishes in the sink and you having to clean them up after them. I remember well you doing that many times. Well your bedroom looks really cute and your fish looks so happy. We need some tank toys for our fish. I am sure he would like that.
Post a Comment