Meet the newest member of our family here!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

On my awesome husband

Although I have been thinking these thoughts for a while now, CappyT's post from a few weeks ago got me thinking that I should blog about them. I love Blake. He is just perfect for me. We have so much fun together; we even have fun going to the grocery store. A few weeks ago we tried out the SuperSaver grocery store. That was one of the most awesome grocery trips we ever made. The SuperSaver is in the same category as Food4Less, if anyone is familiar with that. Even though some of the products were awesome to behold, the most entertaining part of the trip was the other customers there. We overheard some of the best conversations. I should have blogged about it right after it happened, because I can't remember any specifics of the awesomeness now.


A while back I went out for lunch with one of my mission companions. Blake knew I was going out for lunch and came and did this on his lunch.


There were little sticky notes all over the house. They mostly said "I love you," but some also said hilariously sweet things like "You don't need a remote to turn me on" (that note was on the TV remote, of course). It was such a nice surprise to come home to.

This last week he did it again, well kind of. The Relief Society was coming over to visit that evening and I was NOT looking forward to cleaning up the house when I got home from school. I walked into the house and it was spotless. Blake had come home and cleaned on his lunch. He also left me a note and a flower. I was all stressed out and seeing the house clean and knowing that he had done it for me made me cry. I just burst into tears.


I'm taking two classes from BYU's Marriage and Family Therapy department. For one of my classes we write a small paper for each class period analyzing the usefulness of the theories we study. These papers sometime include questions that we have to answer about ourselves and our families to help us personalize and see application of the theories. I was answering some of these questions last week, and they brought up some hard stuff. I was so grateful for Blake when he came home. I didn't even have to tell him anything; I just asked if he'd hold me for a minute. He did, and I felt so much better. I love this man! I am so grateful to have him in my life and hope I don't ever take him for granted.

7 comments:

Kim and Layne said...

So...maybe you could have Blake talk to Layne about the "How to's" of romance.

Unknown said...

This is so sweet, I love posts like this!

Seth and Mariah said...

What a sweetie! Yes you are very lucky to have such a good man! I am glad you two are so happy.

Caprene said...

I absolutely LOVE this post Mrs Bean!

Jeanette said...

What a great guy! It always feels good to know that you are loved and wanted!

Audrey Cornelius said...

What a sweet hubby! It's awesome you are taking time to share with us some of the special moments that make marriage so wonderful. You keep that sweet guy! You totally deserve him!!!

LyndiLou said...

Oh... he takes good care of you! What great surprises!!! :)