Meet the newest member of our family here!

Thursday, March 12, 2009

On vomit

I'm a little embarrassed to say that I kind of like vomit. When you're just feeling crappy and toxic, there's nothing better than a good barf. It just makes you feel so great to get that junk out of you. But then again, cleaning it up is a most disgusting experience. And the aftertaste is just gross. And there are very few things in the world worse than someone else's puke.Well, I guess it's not so much that I like vomit as it is that I like vomit stories. I'm not sure what it is about them, but they kill me. Listening to someone talk about how they yakked all over their friend's car or how they hurled in their sleep is comedic gold. It's Gold, Jerry, GOLD!

My favorite personal puking story comes from my first date with Blake. We went out for sushi and then went dancing. I don't do so well with motion, specifically spinning. The dancing made me sick. After Blake dropped me off, I went straight to the bathroom and hurled. When you have a real powerful vomit it comes out of whatever orifice it can. I was cleaning up a little after the barf fest and realized I had something in my nose. I shot a few grains of rice out my nose, little projectiles. It was actually pretty awesome. I was seriously disappointed that no one else was around to enjoy the moment with me.My sweet Blake is getting sick. He woke up this morning and could hardly talk. I made him some mint tea, which he said helped him feel much better. I also sent him to work with a thermal mug of mint tea. He told me this afternoon that he tossed his cookies at work. Apparently, with the mint tea in there, the experience was almost pleasant. He said his throat felt refreshed and warm and recommends mint tea to anyone who thinks he/she might need to blow chunks in the near future.Mmmm . . . minty! Feel free to share any awesome barf stories with me. I promise I'll like them. (And, yes, I know I'm weird. My sister-in-law writes poems on her blog and posts about medieval tapestries and teaching art history. So cultured! The best I've got is puke. Hm, I am what I am, and that's why you like me, right?)

5 comments:

Star said...

Ha! only you would do a blog post on vomit.
I have a great vomit story. i got food poisoning on the mish. I was in Laredo with Cisneros. Told her I wasn't feeling well. We were heading home but as she was driving I started puking, she pulled over and I tried to get out but couldn't she had to undo my seatbelt as I fought against it so we wouldn't have to shampoo the car (I so hated cleaning the car) I puked 7 more times that night and made the most horrifying sounds. The elders bought me coca cola and chips... We made some delicious coca cola chicken the next day...
Not really the greatest of stories but I made a vomit chart in my journal and it makes me smile. That was March 2003. Funny thing is... I hadn't thrown up until two days ago. So every 7 years in March I tend to vomit. :) Love you!

Cherine said...

Ok just wait until you are pregnant and you vomit all the time and still feel really sick after. Sadly you never get the relieved feeling. I vomited for 30 weeks my friend. Not a fan. But your post was quit humorous.

Cherine said...

Do I have you added to my blog? If not email me and I'll add ya! Ciao =)

Seth and Mariah said...

I am sure you have heard the story, but I will share again for your enjoyment: I was in California with Becca Haynie for Christmas vacation and was feeling a little under the weather, but went to church anyway. During the 3rd hour of church I was sitting in R.S. and sure enough, got dizzy, eyes blacked over, passed out and threw up at the same time, right in the middle of the teacher's spiritual story. I am sure I ruined the moment. So everyone thought I had had some seizure or something (which it was just the combo of passing out and throwing up at the same exact time). I got to ride in the ambulance and everything... what a trip!! Unforgettable!

LyndiLou said...

I know what you mean about feeling relieved... but I can't say that I'm a fan of the stories, or cleaning it up. I can see it feeling different when it's my own little baby who's sick... but yah. Bleck.

Do you remember Sizzler?!? I have to ask?!?