Meet the newest member of our family here!

Monday, September 14, 2009

On birthday week (and a general update)

My birthday was last Wednesday, which means that I got to have an awesome birthday week leading up to that day. We got the idea for birthday week from my awesome cousins D&S. When it's my birthday week, I get to call the shots. I decided where we went out to dinner, what we watched on TV, etc. It works really well for us, because I prefer to do things rather than get things. I made Blake come with me to see a chick-flick one day and to go mini-golfing another. It was great! On my birthday we went for a lovely dinner at the Goldener-Hirsch at Deer Valley in Park City. It was delicious and very romantic. Blake gave me some wonderful and thoughtful gifts; he knows me so well. He gave me an adorable stuffed baby Dumbo because Dumbo was my favorite ride at Disneyland when I was a wee lass, a cookbook stand, and a beginning How-to-Quilt video. Learning to quilt is on my bucket list. Thanks for a great birthday, Blake!

Cookbook stand and Baby Dumbo




In the middle of birthday week, we went to Moab with my dad for Labor day weekend. It seemed like a good idea, but I should have known that 4 days in a row with my dad would be too many. We have bad history, and it's still anxiety provoking for me to spend time with him. Also, Jeeping off-road is not really my thing.
Blake driving and feeling very manly.

Being a good sport about it while trying to keep my fear of heights in check on those crazy trails was just a little too much for me. I got out and walked a portion of the last trail I went on. Everyone else went on another trail the next day while I stayed in town and went for a walk and read a book.

This isn't us, but it's where I got out and walked. One wrong move and you roll off that cliff!

I've been having crazy dreams about jeeps falling off cliffs and getting attacked by weird desert animals ever since. I'm telling you all this so that next time someone can remind me that this wasn't such a good idea after all; I might forget.

We found a place to live in Moreno Valley, and are moving on Friday. Yikes! Packing and cleaning are overwhelming. We're making progress one box at a time. Even though it's a lot to do, I'm so happy that things are falling into place and we get to live together again. We're also really hoping that people will want to come visit us. We'll have an extra bedroom and bathroom. We're fun. We have a pool and hot tub. I'll put a mint on your pillow. Come visit us!

3 comments:

Blake said...

I love you so much, sweetheart. I'm glad you had a good birthday week! And you're a good sport for going Jeeping in the middle of it all. Seriously - you deserve a medal or something.

Mmmmmmm Goldener Hirsch... I couldn't imagine a heaven without that chef running the kitchen. Absolute perfection!

shelley said...

Okay - off-road Jeeping does not look like my thing either. Good grief scary!

I'm so embarrassed I missed your birthday...I won't next year!

LyndiLou said...

Yikes... I didn't know THAT'S what you were doing there. Freak. I would've talked you out of it. I can't blame you for walking. Dang. I'm glad you're alive and I hope your dreams are MUCH more pleasant from now on! You are such a brave little thing!

I'm sooo happy that you guys found a place... and one that you're going to love! :) I'll put a mint on YOUR pillow if you really let us come visit!!! That would be SOOO much fun!

Thanks for thinking of me during your birthday week!!! You're great and it was super fun being with you!