Meet the newest member of our family here!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

On our video guest book

Some of you might remember the guest book from our wedding reception. For those of you who weren't there, we had a video guest book/booth. Instead of signing your name in a traditional guest book, you sat in front of a camera and told us who you are, how you know us, and a memory or something to make us laugh. We had loads of fun making up a little explanation sheet, which I'm sure no one read.


We promised a prize for the person or people who made us laugh the hardest. After the wedding several of my friends and family asked me excitedly if I had seen their guest book entry and who had won the prize. Unfortunately, there have been unexpected delays in post-production, and I haven't seen the video yet. I'm really sad about this and am starting to get frustrated with the situation.


I'm worried that the jokes won't be funny anymore, or that there was time sensitive information in there. I just hope that none of my friends or family members are hurt that I never commented on their guest book entry or that they didn't win the prize. Just so you know, the prize hasn't been awarded yet. I am holding on to the faint hope that maybe we'll get the video as a first anniversary present, but I wouldn't be surprised if we never see it. This is a difficult situation because it involves family. I'm trying to rise above and be the big person and not let this be a sore spot. It's hard though. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Seth and Mariah said...

That stinks about the video, I can't say I have any good advice, but I think that if you are trying to not let it be a sore spot and seeking advice, you are far far ahead of most of the crowd. That isn't too helpful though. It looks like your b-day was fun, minus the scary jeep riding. I like to think I would enjoy that, but cliff edges are not my thing either.

shelley said...

Dude! That's your guest book! Maybe, if the problem is editing and stuff, you could just ask for the raw tape, maybe just a burned DVD of the unedited filming. That shouldn't take too long, right? Or be too hard? Then you could at least see what everybody had to say.

Hilarity should never be delayed.

LyndiLou said...

I hope you get to see it someday... but I also hope that you don't have to worry about the guests on it- we'll survive! ;) Have you checked to make sure that there isn't a problem with the "prize" situation?!? Perhaps you could approach it like Shelley said and just ask for it as is, so that they don't have one more thing to do, or anything else they have worry about... perhaps that could get you the goods. :S I'm sorry that it's hard! Hopefully it'll turn out ok.

I read the instruction sign... and it was awesome! :) I love you!

Jeanette said...

So, I totally did not see the sign you guys made. But, here is your solution: just make everyone dress up like they did at the reception and re-enact their guest book entry. Scott and I can re-do ours at Christmas time. :) Really, though, I hope you get it soon. And, ours is a classic...so you will laugh whenever it is you get to see it. Even when you two are old and gray you will want to watch it, and you will still laugh.