Somehow picking out a name for the new baby isn't nearly as fun as I thought it would be. I feel so much pressure to pick out the right name. We, well I, don't want to go with something too weird, that no one will ever pronounce or spell correctly. We also don't want a name that is so common that she always has to go by her first name and last initial either.
We have a couple names of family members that we like. We also have a couple non-family but completely adorable names that we like. Somehow writing them out seems so final, like it's going to be one of these. I also think I should check with Blake before I go posting our options. We haven't really discussed how public we want to be with our decision making process.
For now, anyone have any advice or encouraging words about how to choose a name for a baby? When did you decide? Are we freaking out way too early? And now, snack time for me and 'lil what's-her-name. She's hungry.
7 comments:
I say keep it to yourselves. Pick a couple, meet her and then decide.
We were fairly certain of Robert's first name through most of my pregnancy, but we didn't end up choosing a middle name until the day I was discharged from the hospital. And it was a name we'd never even talked about! Don't stress too much--you'll do just fine. :)
Some people know LONG before they meet their squishy little baby what they'll be calling them. We waited until we saw her. I didn't plan on doing it that way, but we didn't decide on anything before that. Pray about it too. Heavenly Father doesn't want you to stress about anything. He's trusts you completely, so trust Him! ;)
Yep, you'll figure it out. With Sam we knew that would be her name before we were even married. Rory we did not know until the last minute. You'll know when you found the one you like. It will just "fit."
I have a solution to your problem. Just name her Patti. It is perfect. It is easy to spell and it is not common, but not weird either. I'm just saying it is pretty much the best name ever!
For real though you will figure it out. You will see her and you will know what one will fit and which ones won't.
Star. Name her Star. She will grow up to be one of 3 things. A stripper, a madame somewhere in Texas, or totally awesome!
Yep. Naming your kid is a huge responsibility. I mean, she will carry that name the rest of her life. But I don't think you and Blake could go wrong - you're both so cool!
Post a Comment