I bake bread now. Me? Yes, me. I bake bread.
We've been making our own pizza dough for a few years now.
My wonderful sister-in-law turned us on to this no-knead recipe. It takes 12-18 hours to raise. But, it is SO easy and very delicious. I was doubtful that it really could be as simple as it seems. It is.
Then, we found this naan recipe. We had tried making naan a few years ago and it didn't turn out very well. This recipe is great. We rolled it thinner than the recipe suggests with great results. We will be making this again and again. The first batch was pretty good, good enough for us to want to try again and perfect it. Second batch = wonderful.
Yesterday I made this oatmeal molasses bread. The flavor was really good, like really good. It didn't rise as well as we had hoped, but we did a little research and found out how to know when it's been kneaded and risen properly. We will be trying this again. It really was so good that we were talking like we might just make it every week and stop buying bread. Bonnie had a slice for snack this morning, and she's a fan too.
What's this now? I bake bread? Yes. I hardly even recognize myself.
2 comments:
Ain't no downsides to baking! Fresh, cheap, yummy...We don't buy bread anymore at all, and just make it a habit to bake our own. I'm trying to cook all my meals from scratch too, because its so, sooo much cheaper.
So glad you like the recipe! I think I'll surprise Trevor with the naan, he loves it. Thanks for the link!
Alan has turned into the bread maker in our family. He even grinds the wheat by hand with our wheat grinder. It is super yummy, especially with soup. You two will have to exchange recipes some time!
Post a Comment