Meet the newest member of our family here!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

blog barf

I've got another quick minute to vomit some ideas into a post. No time to craft a theme or create a title.

  • A trailer in the desert? We joke that that's just what you do in my family, but we're not old enough for that yet. I think the appeal is that it seems like a slower, simpler life than the one we live now.
  • If you think I'm a nice person, you should hear what goes through my head sometimes when I'm on Pinterest. I'm kind of a jerk. Snarky comments left and right. They stay in my head though. That's good, right?
  • I have unfollowed certain pinboards because of the previous point. I see that it's better for my own sanity to just not know.
  • A facebook friend invited me to a Scentsy party this month in Utah. This bothers me. I don't like that you used our social connection to market to me. Clearly you just sent that invite to everyone you know.
  • We went to Disneyland with Bonnie today. It was SO fun. She's turned a corner and gets really into the rides. She LOVED small world. (I know, I know, I'll be regretting for years that I ever took her on it. It's a full 15 minutes! All the same song! The song even plays while you're in line.) She had a smile on her face for the entire ride. She even laughed out loud at it a couple times.
  • Bonnie liked Dumbo ride. Yay, Bonnie! That's my girl. She didn't seem to get that moving the joystick moved the ride, but she sure wanted to touch it. She pushed our hands away when we'd touch it. 
  • Bonnie also LOVED little mermaid ride. She squealed and laughed at it. She was dancing in our car and drumming her hand to the beat during the 'under the sea' song. Good times.
  • I really enjoy my association with my therapist friends and coworkers. We're a unique bunch. 
  • Have I told you about the book Flunking Sainthood by Jana Reiss? It's wonderful! Funny, uplifting, inspiring, and real. I just loved it. I started listening to a podcast featuring Jana Reiss today. I'm even more in love. If you want to check either out, I recommend them. The book's on amazon and the podcast is from mormonstories.org
  • It's almost midnight. Why am I still up? I've got to work tomorrow!

2 comments:

Mrs. Geddes said...

Yes on the reason the trailer is a draw and yes on Flunking Sainthood and the DisneyBonnie report delights my very soul.

Cherine said...

I haven't read this in a while so I thought I would stop by your blog. I love Mormonstories.org and listen to most the podcasts on there. I have heard /listened to her as well! I haven't read the book but it got good reviews and I was intrigued by the "Flunking" part. :)