Meet the newest member of our family here!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

For the record

I hate it when people say 'preggers' or 'prego.' And I really hate references to babies being cooked: 'he's not fully baked yet, still needs more time cookin'.'

I do not like the current owl trend. If you're on pinterest, you probably know what I'm talking about.

Chalkboard paint or contact paper does not go on everything, and covering any old thing in chalkboard paint does not automatically make it 'cute' or 'clever' or 'so useful.' Covering a piano in chalkboard paint is a sin.

Blake went to work this morning with his hair spiked. His coworker said, "I can't believe your wife let you out of the house like that." He just laughed and said that I cut it, which is true. We get comments like this a lot these days. For the record, Blake is an adult, a grown man. I am not his mother. How he wears his hair is his business.


My decision to work (or not to work) has absolutely nothing to do with how much I love my daughter. Nothing.

And for the record, I'm feeling feisty today. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate prego and preggers too.

I also HAAAAAAAAAAAAATE (all those a's are for emphasis on how much I HAAAAAAATE) when someones spouse is gone for work or something and they say, "I'm a single parent this week."

Barf. You are not. You still have someone calling to check on you. You still have their income and support.

You are in no way a single parent. Don't say that.

Sorry for over-sharing, but I think you might get where I am coming from.

Mrs. Geddes said...

I do love a feisty girl...especially this one!

shelley said...

Its not that I act as second mother to Trev - but if Trev really truly wanted to have hair like that, I would persuade him not to in the strongest words I could muster. There are just some things Trevor won't do and I won't do because we know how much the other would hate it.
Unfortunately people are always going to judge you about the work decision. Especially in the Mormon culture. You just have to be okay with it for yourself and ignore all the people who are going to look down on your for working.
I hate prego too. Preggers is worse. But I actually think its kind of cute with the bun in the oven.
And owls are creepy.