The no-sugar pre-race experiment was a success. I didn't notice a dramatic difference in how I felt, but cutting sugar out of my diet did make room for me to eat healthier overall. That felt good. It's been a week since the ban ended. I'm still doing well on a low-sugar diet. The experiment did what I wanted it to: shock me out of constant sugar cravings and binges. I'm feeling good.
It also opened my eyes to all the foods that have sugar added to them. Ketchup has a fair amount of sugar. And peanut butter. I bought a small jar to take with us on the race. I had some on a banana today, thought it tasted unusually sweet, and checked the label. Sugar was the second and third ingredient. I expected to find some but second AND third? Wowsers. Checked the label on the organic peanut butter I normally buy. It only has two ingredients: peanuts and salt.
So, I'm reading labels, making better choices, and taking control and responsibility for what I eat. All good.
No comments:
Post a Comment