We have a home movie in which my cousin Scott is very small, playing with a toy snake, and singing little songs. Aunt Christine is in the background, silently singing the songs along with Scott. That's the mom thing I'm talking about. I've seen other moms do the same thing.
Bonnie's eating solids now. When we first started on solids she tried to hold the spoon all the time. She and I are finding a good rhythm now where I get the food in her mouth and she doesn't grab the spoon. It's better for everyone. However, I notice myself doing the mom thing. When she leans forward for a bite and opens her little mouth, I open my mouth too. She's not even looking at me, it's not that I'm doing it to try to show her that it's time to open up. I just open my mouth. I can't help it.
1 comment:
It happens to all of us. Embrace it. And I love that video. I'm playing it over in my head right now. Good ol' pal snake.
Post a Comment