I'm giving up sugar.
Allow me to explain. I ate super healthy while I was pregnant. It wasn't hard, really. After the Bonnie-kins was born, however, I started craving sugar like it was water and I was in the desert. I won't chronicle all the sugary things I ate, because that would be embarrassing. I tried just not buying sugary things when we went to the store, thinking maybe I'd do better if there wasn't any sugar in the house. I still found sugar to eat and then found myself wanting to buy something sugary every time I went out. Oh, I'll just stop in for a milkshake, those cupcakes are on sale . . . you get the idea.
So I've decided to do a sort of reset and go off sugar until our race. That'll be three weeks sans sweets. I'm on day 4. So far, so good. I feel good. I've had some cravings but feel so much better about eating some fruit or trail mix instead of cookies or marshmallows. I'm not going SUPER hard core, still eating bread, just whole wheat, no white. I'm sure the sauce on the stir fry served to us last night had some sugar in it, but I didn't want to be rude to our host and just had water and skipped the cookies for dessert.
I'm not committed enough to this no sugar thing to say I'll never eat a dessert again, but I'm willing to give it a trial run. Anyone else tried this? Suggestions?
No comments:
Post a Comment