Meet the newest member of our family here!

Thursday, December 4, 2014

It takes a village

I had been to plenty of wedding showers, wedding receptions, and baby showers before I was a recipient of gifts from said events. I was shocked to see how much we received. Each person puts in a little but the couple gets a lot. 

We kept almost everything from Bonnie's babyhood and are reusing it with Bessie. I still remember where many of the items came from. Being home with two small kids can be very lonely sometimes. I get some comfort from all the things. This blanket is from Aunt Christine, those pants from Aunt Kris, the tutu from Aunt Sondra, these shoes from Stephanie, the book from Melinda, the sling from Jeanette. I remember my coworkers, friends, and family as I put the baby to sleep, dress her, and lay her out on blankets. 

It's nice to know I'm not alone.

No comments: